Pearle In Michigan

A Michigan housewife expouses on the various attributes of her universe...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

White House Program on School Violence: A Domestic Program to sink your teeth into

Finally, a refreshing and unifying distraction from the partisan politics and business as usual in Washington. In a great move, the White House has recently announced a meaty School Violence program that America can sink it's teeth into. A recent rash of school shootings prompted the White House to begin a dialogue on school violence and prevention. For one view, go here:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/10/10/school.safety.ap/index.html?section=cnn_us

Of course, as the CNN article mentions, Dems poo pooed the idea, but most likely it was because they were not poised to provide a response.

I was so ecstatic about this fresh thinking on school violence. This is where the White House and the GOP are at its best. It's kind of like when I met my husband for the first time. He walked in my restaurant where I was a shift supervisor and I knew he was THE ONE. I feel exactly the same way about this program. Except for the part where I had to clean the fryers. That was so long ago.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home