Pearle In Michigan

A Michigan housewife expouses on the various attributes of her universe...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Media and the GOP: In October...

...the media began going for the GOP jugular. I was reading Sunday that both Time and Newsweek are, in their own respective ways, proclaiming the end of the Republican era in Washington. Time quite directly muses, "Is the Republican Revolution Over," and Newsweek proclaims that an explicit e-mail message delivered by Congressman Mark Foley to a former House page could "tumble GOP." Even MSNBC.com today was questioning whether the evangelical base had had it with the dysfunctional antics of the GOP. I couldn't help but wonder if this isn't just another set of examples of the media advancing their widely recognized liberal agenda -- trying to give the nation some prophetic words now which will help the country to articulate something the media wishes would happen. On balance, the GOP does seem to be on a rather unpleasant trajectory at the moment, but in no way is the GOP out of the game. The GOP is solidly entrenched in a set of conservative ideologies that won't be taken down by the likes of small time scandal -- but I do think the media should stay out of the business of trying to influence outcomes and predict the future.

On another note, I hate the obligation of showering every day. My husband isn't here, he's at work at a store in town. I am sure I could trick him into thinking I showered - put a damp towel on the rod, spray a little water around the shower. My two kids are busy destroying what's left of the things I have been keeping for good. Nobody cares.

Also, that Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Pizza commercial I just heard really annoys me -- "You had me at fresh dough."

3 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Maher said…

    maybe if you showered more often your husband wouldn't spend all that time at work?

    your links don't work properly, now my dyson vacuum, that works properly.

    do you live in a trailer and have a car up on blocks in the front yard?

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Pearle In Michigan said…

    I'm not white trash, thanks for asking.

    PS - Thanks for the heads up on the links.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Maher said…

    you have a lot of cats don't you?

    I like Def Leppard too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home